The Advocates for Human RightsAgency/Organization
- Areas of Practice
- Provider Service Categories
- Legal Services
- Multiple Counties
- Street Address:
- 330 Second Avenue South, Suite 800
- Summary of Services Provided
Free Immigration Legal Help
We provide free legal help to people seeking asylum, unaccompanied children, people in immigration detention, and people who have been victims of human trafficking. We do not charge any legal fees. Our free legal help is available to people whose household income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines and live or are detained in Minnesota, North Dakota, or South Dakota.
Who Can We Help?
- Afghan Evacuees seeking refugee status outside of Afghanistan
- Asylum Seekers who are afraid to return to their home country
- Detained Immigrants who may be eligible for release on bond
- Trafficking Survivors applying for T visas (nonimmigrant status)
- Unaccompanied Minors who are facing immigration proceedings
- Provider Statement
We envision a world in which every person lives with dignity, freedom, justice, equality, and peace; and believe that every person has a part to play in building respect for human rights and expanding the human rights movement in the United States and around the world.
- Appointment Formats
- In-Person, Virtual/Phone
- Business Hours
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Payment Options
- No Fee