- Areas of Practice
- Provider Service Categories
- Abortion Care
- Health Education/Risk Reduction
- Referral for Health Care/Support Services
- Multiple Counties
- Summary of Services Provided
The SPIRAL Collective is a chronically ill, disabled, queer, trans, BIPOC-centered full spectrum reproductive + healing justice and care work nonprofit. We provide radical compassionate care in all pregnancy outcomes and experiences. In particular, we are committed to eliminating barriers to abortion access by honoring bodily autonomy and collective liberation. We accomplish this by providing trauma-informed, client + healing centered practical abortion support, community-based education, and culture/narrative shifting practice.
All of our direct services are free & confidential and are provided with compassion & without judgement. Please note we do not provide medical services and are not medical professionals. We recommend consulting appropriate licensed medical professionals for any medical services.
- We provide practical abortion support + community-based education.
- We provide free, confidential, trauma-informed, sex/body-positive & community-based support in a variety of settings including but not limited to clinics, hospitals, & homes.
- We provide all options pregnancy counseling, referrals, & trainings in the community.
- We are focusing primarily on abortion doula**/companion work in & out of clinics & hospitals at this time. We maintain a active clinic partnerships with Planned Parenthood Vandalia Clinic, Whole Woman’s Health, & Family Tree Clinic.
- For termination procedures, we provide transportation assistance to and from the clinic as needed. We provide loss doula support for clients experiencing fetal demise or fetal anomaly.
- We recognize & value existing individuals & organizations that ground sexual health and/or birthwork in reproductive justice & we refer people to resources outside of SPIRAL for doula support as needed. We advocate for societal & cultural shifts around abortion stigma (especially within birthwork) & seek to end the silencing of individuals & communities regarding their bodies, genders, sexualities, experiences, & desires.
- We support people by listening to them, trusting them, encouraging them to trust themselves, & honoring their experiences.
- We continually seek ongoing training, & skill-share opportunities for ourselves & our communities.
- We seek to keep these accessible as we’re concerned about the hyper-professionalization of birthwork.
- Provider Statement
We prioritize chronically ill/sick/disabled/queer/trans BIPOC in our organization and across all services.
- Appointment Formats
- In-Person, Virtual/Phone
- Business Hours
- Limited Hours
- Payment Options
- No Fee