Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota – Perinatal and Pediatric HIV ProgramAgency/Organization
- Areas of Practice
- Provider Service Categories
- Case Management (Medical)
- Health Education/Risk Reduction
- Health Insurance Coverage, Premium, & Cost-Sharing Assistance
- Medication Management
- Mental Health Services
- Outpatient/Ambulatory Healthcare Services
- PREP Navigation
- Psychosocial Support Services
- Referral for Health Care/Support Services
- Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare
- Transportation (Medical)
- Transportation (Non-Medical)
- Treatment Adherence
- Youth Programs
- St. Paul
- Street Address:
- 347 Smith Avenue North
- Summary of Services Provided
Perinatal and pediatric HIV services
The Perinatal and Pediatric HIV Program at Children’s Minnesota provides specialized HIV services, including medical consultation and care, perinatal care coordination, and HIV family medical case management. The program also offers mental health support to enhance the health and well-being of our clients and their families. Most services are offered regardless of medical care site.
Medical consultation and care
We provide physician consultation to medical providers on the care and treatment of HIV-infected and at-risk pregnant people and HIV-exposed and HIV-infected infants, children and youth. Experienced infectious disease physicians provide medical care to HIV-exposed infants and HIV-infected infants, children and youth up to 24 years of age.
Perinatal care coordination
We provide specialized care coordination for HIV-infected and at-risk pregnant people and their partners during pregnancy and for up to 6 months following birth for the prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV. Referrals are accepted during pregnancy, at labor and delivery, and after birth. Services are voluntary and provided at no cost to the family.
HIV family medical case management
Coordination of medical care and support services for families with HIV-infected pregnant people, children and youth (up to 24 years of age).
HIV prevention counseling and support, including PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) for adolescents and young adults ages 15-22.
- Appointment Formats
- In-Person, Virtual/Phone
- Business Hours
- Weekday Availability, Weekend Availability
- Payment Options
- Accepts Medical Assistance / MN Care / Medicare, Accepts Private Insurance, Flexible Payment Plans, No Fee, Reduced Fee