Cancellation & No-Show Policy
We want to do our best to meet the mental health needs of as many people as possible, for this reason, we reserve a specific time for you, our client, to meet with a therapist to address your needs. If you are unable to make your appointment, we respectfully request you notify us at least 24 hours beforehand so we can do our best to schedule someone else at that time.
While we understand life can be unpredictable, we also need to keep the lights on and pay our staff. For this reason, clients who give less than 24 hours’ notice, or do not come for an appointment, will be billed a $50 late cancellation fee. This fee is not covered by insurance and must be paid before the next scheduled appointment.
- The fee will be waived if the cancellation/no show is due to a medical emergency or accident if the client provides supporting documentation.
- The fee may be adjusted for persons on reduced fee or limited income.
- Persons on Medical Assistance and Medicare will not be charged a cancellation fee.
- If the Clinical Director approves an exception.
Excessive Late Cancellations/No Shows
If you cancel or fail to show for multiple appointments, the therapist may work with you to develop an attendance agreement. An attendance agreement is an individualized plan developed to address your unique situation. The following conditions are usually included:
- The agreement is time-limited, usually three months.
- The client can only schedule sessions one to seven days in advance.
- The client may be discharged for missing one or more appointments. The therapist will provide referrals to other mental health clinics in a letter sent to the client’s last known address.