Positive Link Event Tags
For all Positive Link event listings in our newsletter and on Meetup, we include ‘tags’ (1-2 word or symbol notations) at the end of descriptions for each event. They are meant to offer participants with important information about what they can expect from the event. Below are examples of tags you will see as the last line of each event description.
- FREE – this event is free, no cost for admission.
- DISCOUNT – Positive Link participants can access this event at a discount; additional information about the discount will be in the description of the event.
- $ – this event is designed for people living on a budget and can be done for under $15 per person. Participants are responsible for their own expenses.
- $$ – this event is a little more expensive, but less than $30 per person. Participants are responsible for their own expenses.
- $$$ – this event may cost more than $30 per person to participate. Participants are responsible for their own expenses.
- SNACKS – beverages and light snacks will be provided by JustUs Health at this event.
- FOOD – food will be provided by JustUs Health (or a sponsor) if 4 or more participants attend this event.
- TICKETS – tickets must be purchased in advance; instructions for purchase will be in the description of the event.
- TRANSIT – the location of this event is within 5-6 blocks of a Metro Transit bus or light-rail stop. Participants are responsible for their own transportation.
- CONFIDENTIAL – the event is a closed group. Only those with an HIV+ status permitted. Participants can expect confidentiality.
- PRIVATE – the location of the event allows for reasonable privacy, but may not assure confidentiality. Guests may be permitted only if the GUESTS tag is in the event description.
- YMSM – this event is restricted to only participants between 18-29 years of age. Nothing against older participants, but the event is designed as a safe-space for younger adults.
- SOBER – this event is designed with people in recovery in mind; alcohol/drugs will not be in the immediate area. Alcohol may still be close by, but will not be permitted in the event/activity space.
- ALCOHOL – this event will be taking place at or near an establishment where alcohol is for sale.
- GUESTS – this event was planned with guests in mind as well; you may RSVP for yourself and the person you are bringing with you. If you bring a guest to the event, you are responsible for talking to them about protecting the privacy of others in the group and letting them know they should not disclose people’s status without their permission.
- DOGS – the event is in a setting that is dog-friendly. Pets must always be on a leash. Owners are responsible for the actions/interactions of their pets. Aggressive dogs are not allowed.
- MIXED – this event is expected to have a mixture of participants of diverse gender identity and sexual orientation.