Navigating the complex world of public and private health insurance and health programs can be difficult.
Rainbow Health’s Benefits Counseling program is designed to help people living with HIV who are income-eligible for Minnesota’s AIDS Drug Assistance Program (Program HH). This program helps around 400 Minnesotans a year and allows them to get the care they need.
Rainbow Health Benefits Counseling
We offer benefits counseling statewide through in–person or phone appointments.
If you’re living with HIV and are enrolled in or think you might be eligible for Minnesota’s AIDS Drug Assistance Program, stay on this page.
If you’re not living with HIV or are living with HIV but believe you might be over-income for Minnesota’s AIDS Drug Assistance Program, you can visit our Health Insurance Navigation page.
Benefits Counselors can help with:
- The insurance application process
- Assessing health plans for their ability to meet your specific health needs
- Troubleshooting insurance issues
Our Benefits Counselors are experts in:
- Medical Assistance (MA)
- MinnesotaCare (MCRE)
- Qualified Health Plans (QHPs)
- Insurance through an employer
- Social Security
- How going back to work might affect your benefits
- Financial assistance programs at clinics and hospitals
- Food assistance and cash programs