- This event has passed.
Domestic Violence 201
October 13 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
Light lunch will be provided for those attending in-person. This event is gender-neutral and welcomes all.
Join in-person at Rainbow Health’s Minneapolis office or virtually through Zoom.
In-person location: 701 South 4th Avenue, Suite 1500, Minneapolis, MN 55415
Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87549655018
Oct. 6th: Domestic Violence 101
- Understand the prevalence of domestic violence as a public health concern in Minnesota and beyond
- Recognize the different forms of abuse, general warning signs/dynamics, and impact on victim-survivors
- Acknowledge the root causes of domestic violence and barriers to safety while addressing common misconceptions
- Engage in conversations about domestic violence and support victim-survivors including connecting them to safety resources
Oct. 13th: Domestic Violence 201
- Expand understanding of abusive relationship dynamics, deepening knowledge of emotional abuse tactics and the form of abuse known as coercive control;
- Explore why the general public is historically reluctant to believe survivors who come forward about their abuse; and
- Gain tools and courage to stand up against victim-blaming and minimization, and help build a culture that believes victim-survivors
Oct. 20th: All About Safety Planning
- Know the different facets of “safety” beyond the physical, and the importance of holistic safety in the lives of victim-survivors
- Understand the components and considerations of safety planning (including online)
- Identify when safety may be compromised and create a personalized safety plan related to level of risk (including ongoing support systems and resources to be connected with)
Oct. 27th: Healthy Relationship Building Blocks
- Know the components of healthy relationships across the relationship spectrum: friendships, family, intimate partners, colleagues (including trust, healthy communication skills/expectations, emotion regulation)
- Identify their relationship rights and needs with the support of setting boundaries
- Recognize red flags and green flags in potential relationship partners